- We had plenty of fluids with breakfast in the morning to “practice” going on the potty and I did get lots of high fiber foods for him so he didn’t get constipated which he had done last time we tried to potty train. In the past Luke had gone potty easily from time to time on his potty chair but he has never had a BM on the potty.
- We went through 8 pairs of underwear, cleaned up 5 accidents on the floor.
- We used mainly stickers after he went potty to decorate his potty, which he was excited about.
- He had two BMs, both of which he started in his underwear but “finished” on his potty chair.
- He stayed dry for his nap which lasted the usual 2 hours. Amazing! He doesn’t like waking up and being thrown on the toilet right away and needs a minute or two to “wake up” before going to the bathroom.
- We stopped giving him liquids at 4:30pm, about 3 hours before his bedtime. He did go potty before bedtime and slept through the night and woke up dry at about 6:30am asking to go potty. After he went, we put him back to bed since we don’t get up in our house before 7:30am. He was happy and quiet until 7:20am.
- No accidents.
- Stayed dry for nap time and we had our first successful BM on the potty chair!! He did start pushing in his underwear but I was able to rush him to the toilet so he didn’t have an accident and continued successfully!
- We coined the official “potty dance” after his first BM on the potty. This was a great way to show positive support for him in a fun way – he still loves to do his potty dance after he uses the potty! 🙂
- Successful dry night, however going to bed he started to play games “mommy, daddy have to go potty” so we would get him out of bed. We went upstairs about 4 times to “go potty” but he eventually went on the 4th time and went to sleep shortly thereafter. He woke up at 6:30am and went back to bed after using the potty until 8:30am.
- No accidents.
- Played on his own and ran to the potty when he needed to go.
- He said “need to go potty” and ran to the bathroom to have a BM! He was quickly learning great control.
- He really wanted a drink with dinner so I gave him a couple sips of my water which he was happy with.
- He went to bed eventually and woke up at 7:15 needing to go potty.
If you’re interested in the list of products I used to stock our diaper bag you can find them here, they are:
What are YOUR favorite on the go potty accessories? We live far out, so I needed to make sure I have something in the car for him in case he needed to go in a hurry! Good news is that since we’ve been out and about a couple times we haven’t had any “public” accidents yet. I’m sure that will change soon, it’s bound to happen at some point! 🙂