I came across Christine Noah at Marvin’s Organic Gardens last year during a Health and Wellness Fair last year and she was selling and serving Wildtree products. She was telling me about their spices and grapeseed oils and I had NO idea all the junk that was in your store bought taco seasonings and similar products. I knew right away that I wanted to know more and Jennie and I have had the opportunity to taste more of the Wild Tree products. There hasn’t been one thing we’ve tasted that we haven’t loved. Even our husbands have been getting excited about Wild Tree! Here’s a great video of Christine making popcorn the old fashioned way:
Wildtree is especially great if you’re a little intimidated or don’t have the time to make your own spices, bread or ketchup but want a healthy alternative that won’t break the bank. We had a great tasting yesterday with SO many of their great products. What I can’t emphasis enough is how easy these products are to use and they are extremely versatile. Which leads me to one of their biggest sellers – the Grapeseed Oils.
Wildtree’s Grapeseed oil is expeller pressed – NOT solvent extracted like the vast majority of other grapseed oils in the marketplace. What does this mean? I had no idea until yesterday! Expeller pressed is a chemical-free mechanical process that extracts oil from seeds and nuts. This process is an alternative to the hexane-extraction method used for many conventional oils which ultimately takes all the nutritional value out of the oil.
Wildtree’s Grapseed oils are a wonderful alternative to your usual cooking oil and can be used for everything including:
- salad dressings
- dipping for breads
- pasta salads
- marinades or bastes for the grill
Grapeseed oil has a higher heat tolerant (419 degrees without burning) than olive oil or vegetable oil so it won’t smoke in your pan either! This also makes is great for frying. Click HERE to see more facts about Wild Tree’s Grapeseed Oils. (My favorite is the Garlic Infused Grapeseed oil!)
All of their spices and blends are free of artificial preservatives, additives, fillers and dyes. They are not organic, but read how their products compare to organic HERE.
Here are a couple other articles worth reading from Wildtree:
What is in your food? – value and nutritional comparison
Wildtree’s Meal Planner – great way to save money!
What Moms Want to Know – great info!
It’s easy to order your own Wildtree products and if you think you’ll be ordering products on a regular basis you can join their Culinary Club and get 20% off ALL items with easy online ordering anytime. So, what were our favorite products?
- Italian Dressing mix
- Alfredo sauce was out of this world! (Julian’s favorite!) Also great for kids Mac n’ Cheese!
- Rancher Steak Rub – we had this sprinkled over cubed potatoes and baked it for 30 minutes – YUM!
- Just Like Moms Meatloaf Mix – this has oats in it instead of bread crumbs!
- Guacamole seasoning – this was great and so easy! All I needed was two avocados and a little of the seasoning!
- Garlic & Herb blend – great tasting dip with cream cheese!
- Asian Ginger Plum Dressing & Marinade – we had this over a salad and was one of the favorites by ALL!
- Banana Banana Bread – I added a little cinnamon and was one of the best banana breads I’ve had!
- Buttermilk Biscuits – It only took a minute to make these and we used a little of the Wildtree blueberry syrup as a dip – another favorite by everyone!
- Very Berry Cheesecake blend – I used a teaspoon of this blend with a teaspoon of lime juice and honey and sprinkled it over fruit salad. It was wonderful and was great to add something a little different to a regular fruit salad!
- Wicked Good Slow Cooker sauce – can’t wait to try this with pulled pork this summer!
- We also tried the Basil Pesto, Zesty Lemon and Butter Grapeseed Oils. They were all fantastic and so flavorful!
- If you like Beer Bread, they also have healthier versions of this including a Flax Seed Beer Bread, Whole Wheat Beer Bread and a Flax Wheat Beer Bread! Can’t wait to try them along with their Spaghetti spice blend since I’ll be doing more canning this year it will be nice to have fresh tomatoes and have a super quick and easy spice blend to make my own sauce!
These items above are only the tip of the iceberg and what I love about them is how quick and easy they are when you need something in a hurry for dinner that won’t be unhealthy for your family. You can go HERE to check out their entire catalog and also check out their recipe section of the website. It allows you to put in any of their products and it will give you lots of great recipes using that product! Check it out and let us know what you think – I’m putting an order in this week so if any of you local to Cincy would like to place an order by Wednesday the pick up for your products will be at the Whole Foods in Mason, alternatively you can choose when placing your order to have it shipped directly to you. You can order HERE.
We do want to give Christine a huge thank you for introducing us to Wildtree and letting us sample the food! If you have any questions or want to host your own tasting please don’t hesitate to contact her directly.