Ok ladies, I recently mentioned that my next step to find “balance” for my body and my irregular cycles was to try out acupuncture. I went to my first treatment last Friday evening and being completely new to the technique I was amazed at the entire experience and how relaxing it was! It didn’t hurt at all and the practice specializes in acupuncture for infertility.
I’ve learned so much about how acupuncture can help with infertility (for both men and women) including:
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
- Thickening the endometrial lining
- Enhancing cervical mucus
- Encouraging ovulation
- Reducing stress level
- Enhancing libido
- Preventing miscarriages
- Strengthening of the immune system
- Decreasing elevated levels of FSH
- Clearing Blocked Fallopian Tubes
- Improving mobility, quality and quantity of sperm
They did a test at the beginning to see how far off my energy levels were off and thankfully they weren’t as off as I’d imagined but it is a completely objective way to see where they need to treat my body with acupuncture to “balance” me out. Then they did specific points to help with fertility and they gave me a few points I can do from home throughout the day. The idea is to get your entire body in balance and healthy to not only conceive but carry a healthy baby to term.
They also recommended seeing a specialist about checking my hormones to make sure my progesterone levels are healthy because I didn’t know that low progesterone is the number one reason women:
1. Can’t get pregnant or have problems getting pregnant
3. The ONLY reason women get nausea during pregnancy is low progesterone level (the nausea is actually caused by estrogen)
4. Frequent cause of pre-mature birth is a low progesterone level
5. The only cause of postpartum depression, also known as the “baby blues” is a drop in progesterone levels
I’m still using the OV Watch and will write more about my experience with that throughout the month! Here is a video showing you how acupuncture for infertility is done! (not it’s not me!) For more information about acupuncture for infertility you can go this website, that has wonderful resources and explains more about the process.