- Turkey Bacon (the Organic Prairie is my favorite!)
- Zucchini(I used one large zucchini, peeled and sliced)
- Onion (I used a half, but you can use more if you like)
- Garlic (1-2 cloves)
- Milk (1 cup)
- 6 Eggs
- Cream (1 cup) I substituted for creamy whole milk yogurt! You can also use half and half.
- Cheese (1 cup – you can use cheddar, mozzarella or a mix!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Pie Crusts
In a pan, saute the bacon, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and garlic on medium heat until the veggies are soft and tender (about 15 -20 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the eggs, cream, cheese and salt and pepper together. Once the veggie mixture is tender, divide the mixture between two pie crusts (you can use frozen pie crusts, just let them sit out for about 20 minutes beforehand). Then pour over the egg mixture and bake in the oven on 375 degrees for about 45-55 minutes. You’ll know when it’s done when you can put a knife in the middle and it comes out clean. It makes enough for two pies – one for now and the other for the freezer!
Get creative with your quiche – you can add all kinds of veggies, meats, cheeses, etc! You can easily make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner depending on what ingredients you want to use!