I could not be more excited to tell you how much we’ve loving The Little Gym! They have two locations in Cincy – one in Mason and one in Liberty.
We’ve gone to the Kids First Tumble Bees class quite a bit (we need a healthy, constructive outlet for Luke’s energy!) and I was blown away at how much I prefer The Little Gym to any of the other tumble classes I’ve done with Luke.
See below for a couple videos I took of Luke last week – I love that Julian works from home most of the time and can come with us from time to time! (I wouldn’t have said this at the beginning but we’ve learned a great balance!) Luke’s pretty lucky to have both his parents at home every day! I remember how much I loved the summers because my mom was a teacher and we always loved having her home with us! I’m thinking this may be our saving grace when we have more kids! Ha!
The owners are a husband and wife team, who run both locations and they both teach classes as well! I’ve had a class with both of them and you can tell their passion for children shows through their teaching skills. They really love what they do – and it shows! Be sure to check out their blog to get to know how The Little Gym works and what they’re all about!
Here’s a few things that sets The Little Gym apart from the others out there:
- The education part of the classes is fantastic! Today we talked about Specific Verbal Praise (i.e. Rather than telling your kiddos “Great Job” be specific with them and tell them, “You’re doing a great job landing on two feet!” Don’t forget to try and leave out the “I love it when you…” praise. They will learn to do things to make you happy and please you (which can lead to a lot of insecurities as they get older and a lack of self confidence) so it’s much better to praise their specific actions and say things like “You should be SO proud of yourself!” so they learn how to be proud of themselves and celebrate their victories with you!
- They only have one class at a time, which really allows a great “one on one” environment with the parents and kids!
- They help you in building and achieving specific goals for your kids! Whether you’re trying to build confidence, listening skills, or focus energy they can do it all!
- The offer a multitude of classes including: dance, karate, sports skills and gymnastics!
- Throughout the class the instructor teaches specific skills for the parents and kids. (i.e. reaching for the high bar, spotting on the balance beam or forward rolls)
- They do SO much with the kids! It’s like having a music class, gym class and tumbling class in one! They even do signing with the kids and a huge emphasis on teaching manners throughout the class, which I’m a huge fan of! Including their emphasis on three dimensional learning:
Get Moving! Increased physical strength and muscle control, fine and gross motor skill development, coordination, balance
Brain Boost! Spatial and perceptual awareness, introduction to colors, language development and self-expression, knowledge of numbers and letters, initial problem solving
Citizen Kid! Developing independence and feeling comfortable away from parents, early socialization, sharing and taking turns, accepting new environments, following directions and cooperating
Give them a call or go online for your FREE trial class –
you’ll be hooked and will be signing up to go back for more!
Already go to The Little Gym? Tell us why YOU love it!