- Consider writing to Panera to ask them why on earth the glass screen in front of the pastries ends about 3 inches above the bottom of the counter top – perfect place for little fingers to touch the food (because it looks SO good!) which I see every time I’m in there. Note to self: always get my pastry from the BACK of the tray.
- Speaking of food….need to meal plan for this week. What’s for dinner at your house tonight?
- Go through Once a Month Mom’s toddler menu and make a few things for Luke, I’m running low on Corndog Muffins! I’ve been thrilled that he’s really getting into soups at the moment because there’s SO much healthy stuff I can hide in them! I just made a tomato, carrot and cauliflower soup with pasta stars that he LOVED. He went through the cookbook with me and picked a picture he liked, so that’s what we made. (It’s a great trick for picky eaters! Let them do the meal planning and help you cook it! Be sure to tell them the parameters…must be one veggie, one protein, etc.)
- Write today’s post. I put it off from last night because the weekends are all about family time and we don’t “work” on the weekends which is why there aren’t weekend posts. The actual writing to us is a hobby/passion/free time thing but getting the pictures, links and formatting is work. I tell myself that this comes with any hobby…I have three horses and it’s not all fun stuff either. Before/after the fun there’s work. There’s cleaning stalls, brushing them, and sometimes spending the better part of a Sunday cleaning the actual barn and ridding it from the constant cob webs/dirt/dust. Anyone with horses knows this is the tip of the iceberg!
It’s also worth mentioning that Jen and I try not to do blog stuff during the day because we have the boys. This doesn’t always happen but we try to be mindful of our time. Times like this morning I will write this post over the course of a few hours – in between Luke playing/eating breakfast/potty breaks. We were just talking last week about how I’ve been trying not to have my iphone attached to me 24/7. Because I do live a little off the beaten track, it’s easy for me to feel a little secluded so I think that’s why I’m always checking my emails or texting…it lets me feel more connected to “the outside world!” BUT I hate that Luke always sees me with it so I’m going to try harder to detach it from my hands! The conversation was sparked by our recent Beech Acres Parenting Conference last week – how to be an emotional coach for your kids. I want to make sure I’m being “present” for Luke and even though our little blog has grown into a business we haven’t forgotten about why we started this blog and that family comes first. Thanks Beech Acres for that reminder!
- Call Dr. Thomas at The Center for Reproductive Health and get lab results back. Won’t lie…a little nervous about this one.
- Luke’s Gym Class is today at The Little Gym….best part of my week. He asks for it just about every day because he loves it so much and Miss Cassie is amazing with the kids. They’ve had a little rock wall for the kids to climb and it’s easily been Luke’s favorite part of class the last two weeks we’ve been. I’m wondering if Luke will be ready for the next class…no parents allowed. Yikes. He’ll be three in December, where’s the time gone?! Also, check out their blog – LOVE Mr. Kevin’s post on SPF!
- Brainstorm ideas for Luke’s 3rd Birthday party. (The Little Gym??)
- Drive over to meet Lindsey to get my Cincy Organics order for this month. Love that I can get all my organic pantry staples for CHEAP!!
- Get baby shower invites ready to go out for Sister-in-Law. They find out what they’re having tomorrow!
- Stop by The Tack Trunk in Lebanon to make sure the orders that were placed last week on their website have been shipped.
- Organize The Tack Trunk’s next email newsletter about their consignment riding apparel.
- Submit my August Timesheet to The Tack Trunk. Guess I should do September too, considering today’s date.
- Call farrier to come out and trim the horse’s feet. (hooves)
- Finish folding and putting away laundry from yesterday.
- Finish that shutterfly photo book I started about a month ago. Ugh…that’s work too. Going through photos and uploading them, who has time for that?!
- Hmmm….horses need to be fed, and cleaned out before I go to gym class. Julian is on a call so I guess I’ll get dressed and take Luke out to splash in the puddles.
It’s a start for a Monday morning list…I’m sure by the time I actually get out of the house this list will have changed a few times. Happy Monday. What’s on your list today?