Honestly, I can’t believe I’ve got to still get through the rest of July AND August with this heat in the last trimester of my pregnancy. Having a Winter baby the first time around definitely has its pros and cons…at least I wasn’t this uncomfortable with Luke towards the end! This is really the first time this pregnancy that I’ve been having to pee every 5 minutes because I swear this kid is in there playing games with me squeezing my bladder like a sponge toy. My feet are swelling from the heat just trying to get to the grocery store and back and another wave of what feels like extreme tiredness has kicked in full force! Which is ironic because last night I couldn’t get to sleep until after 1am because somehow I found myself in front of the fridge eating left over pasta salad with a glass of milk and crackers…an absolute first for me this pregnancy – midnight snacking.
I don’t even have the energy to take myself to a nearby pool because the thought of getting in a swim suit and then fighting crowds makes me cringe. Where is the pool in my 9 acres of back yard that I could jump in without even having to worry about a swim suit?! I knew we built here for a reason…not being able to see any neighbors has its advantages! Ha!
So here’s my top ten ways I’m surviving the heat these days…
- “Just point that fan directly onto my feet….while you massage these swollen kankles dear hubby”
- Wendy’s has the BEST fresh lemonade.
- “Luke, that little kiddy pool is really made for Mommy’s feet, can you rub my back again??”
- Is it time for a peanut butter milkshake?
- What about a root beer float?
- Orthopedic sandals = YUCK.
- “Do I have to wear clothes today? Let’s just pull all the blinds closed instead!”
- I have a new appreciation for the curl in my hair because let’s face it, there’s no way I’m blowing hot air at my face followed by standing for 15 minutes with a hot straightening iron. Pointless.(As a result, Julian’s nickname for me…”wild woman of the woods”.)
- Freezer meals are a Mom’s best friend when you don’t feel like cooking! Thank you WildTree!
- Is it September yet?