Since I’ve known my husband back in England, there was one thing he is most passionate about…motorcycles. He’s always had a motorcycle (until he sold his for our manure spreader! eek!) and since he was about 12 years old he’s followed the MotoGP races which now he loves watching with Luke. Every week they are watching those bikes racing in the World Championship and that’s probably the one thing he misses the most from England, going to Donington racetrack and being a little closer to the action. Once a year they come to The Indianapolis Motor Speedway and he always tries to go! This is really the first year that he’s considered taking Luke since it can be a lot for little ones to take in with the noise and excitement of it all so they are both thrilled to be able to go this year and even better they have SO many great events for kids! It’s a bit of a hike from Cincinnati to Indy but totally worth it if you love bikes and watching the worlds greatest riders compete in a round of the MotoGP World Championship! Here’s a rundown of the special events happening next weekend at IMS:
Off-track events at Red Bull Indianapolis GP 2013
WHO: Red Bull Indianapolis GP 2013, where the world’s greatest riders compete in a round of the MotoGP World Championship. The 3-day event will also feature live music, Kids Zone, XDL stunt riding and wide range of retail
WHAT: Off-track events as part of the Red Bull Indianapolis GP include:
· Moto Midway, a key activity area with retail and live music on a concert stage
· Kids Zone including military themed activities, a non-pedal bike course, concessions and opportunities for kids under 12 to ride motorcycles
· XDL stunt riding by top motorcycle stunters
· Interactive experiences from major motorcycle brands Honda, Yamaha, Ducati and more
· Jagermiester Party Zone – zip line, volleyball, pool tables and more
· Vendor Marketplace with dozens of brands and opportunities to purchase gear, equipment and accessories
· Camping available to attendees on the IMS grounds, with eight different camping locations including tent, RV and paid daily parking
WHEN: August 16-18, 2013
WHERE: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Don’t forget there’s also camping!
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) has ample camping facilities for all types of big event attendees and race fans. IMS is equipped with eight different camping locations including tent, RV and paid daily parking.
Lot 1A, 1C – Known for its fun and entertaining atmosphere, the “Coke” lot opens early and is filled with race fans ready to celebrate the racing weekend.
Who’s your favorite MotoGP rider?! We are hoping to get an autograph with Valentino Rossi!