I saw this idea printed on our MOPS newsletter last week and loved the idea so much I decided to share it with you to do with your pre-schooler!
There’s so much emphasis on Easter bunnies, egg hunts and chocolate around Easter, which is fun but I try to make sure we balance all of it out with talking about the resurrection of Easter. This is a great way to tell the story with Easter eggs!
Gather six different colored Easter eggs and the place the items below in each egg. As you tell the resurrection story, let your kids open each egg! Explain in the following order:
- Bread Crumb: Jesus ate dinner with his friends. (Luke 22:14-15)
- Cross(Yes, Luke made a cross out of Lego. Of course.): The next day, Jesus died on the cross. (John 19:17-18)
- Strip of cloth: He was wrapped in cloth and placed in a tomb. (John 19:40)
- Rock: A stone was placed in front of the tomb. (Matthew 27: 59-60)
- Empty Egg: Jesus’ friends came to the tomb and saw the stone had been moved. The tomb was empty! (Luke 24:1-3)
- Candy: Jesus is alive! That’s the sweet surprise of Easter! (Matthew 28:5-6)